FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
- Why choose Ship to Scan?
- Lowest price US scanning – Visit our Price Comparison Page
- No hidden fees – Pay a flat rate per photo plus a fixed $20 shipping fee. Every time.
- Fast turnaround time – Get your uploaded photos in two weeks or less. GUARANTED. Need them faster? With our Express Scan option you can get them in 7 business days!
- No overseas shipping – ALL scanning is done right here in the USA!
- Is Ship to Scan safe?
- Why not scan my own pictures?
- Why should I scan my old photos?
Declutter and organize all of your memories
Generate photo books, holiday cards, gifts and more
Upload your photos to social media websites such as Facebook and Instagram
Share copies with family and loved ones
- I have photo albums and baby books, do I have to remove all the photos myself?
No. Our technicians will safely and cautiously remove your pictures for you and scan them in order. A $50 “Album handling fee” will be added to your order. We know how delicate these books are so if any problems arise in the removal process, you will be contacted prior to scanning to discuss and resolve.
- What is dpi and why does Ship to Scan only scan at 600 dpi?
- How long will the scanning process take?
You will receive your original shipment along with chosen DVD or thumb drive14 business from when we receive your shipment.
- How do I pay for my scans?
Upon receipt of your shipment, an invoice will be e-mailed to you. The e-mail will include a link to click on to pay online vie Pay Pal or any major credit card.
- Can I get my digitized photos in less than 2 weeks?
Yes! Ship-to-Scan offers an Express Scan service option for those who need their digital copies faster. You will receive your shipment 7 business days prior to receiving your photos. That’s half the normal turnaround time! A $.10 per image fee will be charged for this service.
- How do I receive my scanned images?
Upon completion, you will receive your choice of a DVD or thumb drive containing all your newly scanned photos.
- Can I request extra thumb drives or DVD’s? Can I get both?